Complaint against wife for sending fraud notice for physical torture

Sir I'm doing job in Indian Navy and I got married on 28 may 13, I'm only erning member of my family so I'm looking after my mother and younger brother but my wife and her family don't like it, and always stopping me to help my mother and brother. So I bought her at my duty station at Kochi but she was not happy with me and she started miss behave with me or not doing any house work or not making food for me. 14 April 17, I send her at my home town (Baduan) for attending marriage of my cousin along with return ticket because I was unable to attend marriage due to my Ship's program but she didn't attend marriage of my cousin and she went her father's home Lucknow, when I called her father but he using bad lagguage on phone . Now she send a letter to my commanding officer and my wife and her family are blaming on me and my family for maintal harassment and physically taurcha and saying I don't want to live her. And she demand money per month for maintenance .

Answers (3)

342 votes

If a wife is living separately from her husband without any sufficient reason, she is not entitled to get any amount as maintenance from her husband. whether she is living separately with sufficient reason or not is to be adjudicated by the Family Court. In your case, since you wants the company of your wife, you have to file a petition for restitution of conjugal relation stating that your wife is living separately without valid reasons.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

you can move the family court for restitution of conjugal rights. however, there is the possibility that she may advised to move against you through DV and 498A proceedings. However, the facts suggests no other option.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
330 votes

As per the law you are bound to protect and maintain your wife.alimony to be awarded is at discretion of court . it depends your income , years of marriage, life style of husband etc.the amount of alimony to be paid cannot be fixed by law as it varies from case to case; the most important aspect is to maintain a balance while deciding the same. In divorce cases, the courts must factor in the wife’s status and lifestyle while fixing alimony to ensure that she lives in reasonable comfort considering her status and mode of life she was used to when she lived with her husband.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."