Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Complaint against for friend blackmailing and demanding 10 lacs

i was in relationship back 3 years with a girl we had sex which was our both decission we both were 18+ and then we broke up i dont talk to her from the last 30 months nowe suddenly her brother calls me to meet me and after meeting he beats me and blackmail me to give 10 lahk rupees or they will file a case against me what should i do ?? he was also giving me threats of women cell

Answers (5)

Dont worry brother if you think that they could take any step against you so before they do, you just do one thing write a complaint to SHO describe the facts and tell them about your relationship too. Threats which they are giving, their illegal demands and about blackmailing and submit it to the nearest police station. And one thing more at the time of your relationship have you given any commitments regarding marriage?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can just file a complaint with the police whosoever jurisdiction you reside in. Don't mention about your past with the girl. just say that you had a healthy relationship but you broke up because of differences. do mention the fact that their brother approached you for 10 lacs and beat you up. good luck!

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

I don't think they can file any case which will have substance/merit in it. They are perhaps trying to put pressure on you to extort money. If you have never spoken to her in past three years then there won't be call records etc in either of mobiles. So this fact that you have not spoken to her from past three years will help you in getting out of the trap that they are planning to put upon you coz whatever has happened in past is 3 yr old story and police will also ask as to why she is raising such issue at this belated stage. It will be very difficult for them to give cogent reason/explanation for delay in lodging complaint and this will help you further. For the time being what you can do is that go to nearest police station and give a compliant in writing that you are being threatened by ______________. Try to give call records/msg or something of that sort to substantiate that you have indeed received threats, by doing this your complaint will be on record and when they will try to file any false case against you the SHO will consider the same in light of your complaint. This will benefit you. Since very limited facts are stated so i am restricting myself from giving an elaborated opinion.

It is common these days. She will try to extort money from you on pretext of fabricated rape case. There is no such evidence to show that there was mutual consent of the girl. You need legal assistance asap.

Firstly, lodge a complaint against the brother of the girl for physical assault on you and also for blackmailing you. Whenever, there is any conversation between you and the girl and/or her brother then try to video record or audio record the transaction for the purpose of gathering evidences. This shall save you from further harassment and in case of any complaint or FIR filed against you.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

What legal actions can be taken agaonst a person who evenafter several years of married life denies his wife all the rights that a wife desrves includ…

Read More

Can a wife leave her husband's house without any notice with her infant child in view of constant harresments verbal and nonverbal . Legally she i…

Read More

My married was done on September 2016 my father gave me more than 5 lakh gold and from starting of first day from my inlaws house they torcher me and …

Read More

Dear Sir/Mam, My mother hospitalised and expired on 30-07-18. I am the younger son spent total medical expenses of Rs. 2,10,000 for my mother treatmen…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue