Can wife claim maintenance after marriage being null & void

Dear sir my question is that whether wife is entitled to get maintenance after being the marriage null and void?

In the response of your quiry, if a woman claims maintenance, as wife and marriage is declared null and void then she has not any right to maintenance....you can file a divorce petition with in one year for declaration ...

Where a marriage is void, wife cannot claim maintenance u/s 125 crpc. However, it is generally accepted rule that even in such cases, wife is entitled to maintenance u/s 18 of Hindu Adoption and maintenance act and also u/s 24 of Hindu Marriage Act.

Once the marriage has been declared as null and void the wife can't claim maintenance. For getting maintenance there must be legal and valid marriage. Law is very clear on this point. Wife is entitled to maintenance no other lady can get maintenance