Can wife claim maintenance after marriage being null & void

Dear sir my question is that whether wife is entitled to get maintenance after being the marriage null and void?

Answers (3)

In the response of your quiry, if a woman claims maintenance, as wife and marriage is declared null and void then she has not any right to can file a divorce petition with in one year for declaration ...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Where a marriage is void, wife cannot claim maintenance u/s 125 crpc. However, it is generally accepted rule that even in such cases, wife is entitled to maintenance u/s 18 of Hindu Adoption and maintenance act and also u/s 24 of Hindu Marriage Act.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Once the marriage has been declared as null and void the wife can't claim maintenance. For getting maintenance there must be legal and valid marriage. Law is very clear on this point. Wife is entitled to maintenance no other lady can get maintenance

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We are Hindu and married wit same procedure. Few mnths of my marige I got white patches n later got confirm dat it's vitiligo ,since from an yr my…

Read More

My father has filed a case of 125 Cr.P.C. against me. I am a government servant and my father has his own clinic. How can i save my self or defend mys…

Read More

Hindu married for 15 years with 9 years of son,husband wants to get divorce as he want to marry someone else but I m not agreeing onto it. I don't…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue