Can SECTION 9 HMA application help bring my wife back to me ?

married in 2014 by arya samaj mandir without permission of guardian after my wife and I decided to live with each other but my father deny the marriage I file habeas corpus but she stated that she wants to live with her parents and she also accepted her marriage can I file section 9 my main moto is that I carry I min 3 to 4 years it's happen or not.

Answers (2)

120 votes

जी हाँ; हिन्दू विवाह अधिनियम की धारा -9 " वैवाहिक संबंधो की पुर्न:स्थापना" बना ही इसीलिए है कि संबंधित पक्षकार को न्यायालय की डिक्री द्वारा यह आदेशित किया जा सके कि वह अपने पति/पत्नी के साथ रहकर दाम्पत्य संबंधो का निर्वहन करे ।
हालांकि अधिकांश मामलों में यह डिक्री औचित्यहीन होती है क्योंकि किसी भी न्यायालय की कोई भी डिक्री किसी भी पति अथवा पत्नी को जबरन एक साथ रहने को बाध्य नहीं कर सकती है ।

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

Section 9 can be time at any time when either of the spouse abandons the other without any sufficient cause. So in case your marriage is a valid marriage in terms of the HMA act, you can at any time file a petition under section 9.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."