Can people marrying under special marriage act claim police protection

If hindu boy and muslim girl are marrying under special marriage act and it will take one month to get marriage certificate. What they have to do for police protection before marriage certificate comes? Because girl's parents are against to the marriage.

Answers (1)

270 votes

For police protection you may have to approach court where court can give direction to police for protection, but to get protection you have to convince the court about your situation, you can also first go to the concerned police station and ask for protection and give all the details about your situation.
Better advise can be given after understanding the whole situation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."