Can I challenge a registered gift deed

my father died at the age of 89 on 12 /09/ 2014 . 8th days before the death of my father I come to know that a gift deed of our house was done in favour of my sister,mother,and brother. (The gift deed was done in the month of may. ) The gift deed is registered. The relation between me and my father was good. my family members took the advantages of my father's old age and i am dam sure it is done forcefully , because my mother accepted it that my father was not ready for that. my sister and brotherr are fully responsible for this,because our relations are not good.

Answers (1)

237 votes

The gift deed can certainly be questioned in the court of law by filling a suit for such declaration. The success of the suit will depend upon the manner in which you are able to establish that the execution of the deed was not as per the wish of the deceased, was executed under misrepresentation etc. The absence of reason for the father to let out one son or unequal distribution of assets is a good ground too.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."