×

Can a wife claim maintenance for child if she is not divorced

Me and my husband is in govt job in same department and same station earlier. We married in April 2016. We stayed together 7 months. In these 7 months he fought with me raised hands tortured me mentally physically both. By the time in Feb 2017 i got pregnant. When in told him about this news we went his home saying the baby is not him so i came to my parents house for proper care of myself and my child. He dint contacted me 9 months and also Did not responded to my relatives phone. After delivery he came only two times. Now saying that me n my daughter way is different. What should i do. I don't want divorce. Since i working in the same pay as my husband will i get maintainedfor my child even when we are not divorced. What action can be taken my me that he should take responsibility of the child n myself also. Presently i am staying at my parents house since one year and he is transferred in another town. Plz help.

If court setisfy that yr baby is more secure in yr custody , and you can't not stay with yr husband with a good reason than u will get the maintenance for yr baby. Because u r earning enough for u so may be u can not get maintenance for yourself but u can get maintenance for your baby till so will got married, some other conditions also take place in the matter ,,,,,

Yes the wife can claim maintenance for the child as well specially when the child is a minor. In your case you can surely claim maintenance from your husband irrespective of the fact that you are earning, as it is the legal duty of a Father to maintain his children. Plus there are plenty of other remedies available to you apart from claiming maintenance.

Advocate Preeti Joshi