Can a wife claim maintenance for child if she is not divorced

15-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
Me and my husband is in govt job in same department and same station earlier. We married in April 2016. We stayed together 7 months. In these 7 months he fought with me raised hands tortured me mentally physically both. By the time in Feb 2017 i got pregnant. When in told him about this news we went his home saying the baby is not him so i came to my parents house for proper care of myself and my child. He dint contacted me 9 months and also Did not responded to my relatives phone. After delivery he came only two times. Now saying that me n my daughter way is different. What should i do. I don't want divorce. Since i working in the same pay as my husband will i get maintainedfor my child even when we are not divorced. What action can be taken my me that he should take responsibility of the child n myself also. Presently i am staying at my parents house since one year and he is transferred in another town. Plz help.

Answer #1
Yes the wife can claim maintenance for the child as well specially when the child is a minor. In your case you can surely claim maintenance from your husband irrespective of the fact that you are earning, as it is the legal duty of a Father to maintain his children. Plus there are plenty of other remedies available to you apart from claiming maintenance.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato