Can a Hindu marriage be registered twice?

I am a southindian and my fiance is a bengali.We did register marriage 1 1/2 years back without my parents concern but now we are getting religiously married on nxt month.At that time we married accprding to special act marriage.But still my family doesnt know about the registry except my one cousin but now my relatives want to register our marriage but its nt possible bcoz we are already legally husband and wife,,,,we have not stayed together after marriage as i was pursuing my studies...Please tel me how to avoid registration here in my place

Answers (2)

295 votes

The marriage can be registered once between two individuals. In case, you now want to register it again you shall have to get the first marriage annulled by a Court of Law and only then the marriage can be registered again.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

288 votes

There is no need to hide this important information. You should share this information to a person who is very close to you and your family members. Let them understand the issue. After understanding the matter, they can easily get convinced that there is no need to get registered again.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I want to ask that how to file a case against wife under Hindu Marriage Act 1955; who is in Immoral relations with other guy & he is adult men. As…

Read More

1. Who is the legal gaurdian of a married hindu woman after marriage? 2. Is their any rule where she can be her own legal gaurdian? 3. Is it mandatory…

Read More

Sir/mam, I belongs to hindu family in Uttarakhand. I wants to know the benifit for a PG student in indian maternity act. May i claim exempt in attende…

Read More

I filed Hma S 9 in dec 15. Hindu - both parties She did not file any reply, rather gave a statement to comply and join company in nov 16. Mediation fa…

Read More