Can a Hindu marriage be registered twice?

I am a southindian and my fiance is a bengali.We did register marriage 1 1/2 years back without my parents concern but now we are getting religiously married on nxt month.At that time we married accprding to special act marriage.But still my family doesnt know about the registry except my one cousin but now my relatives want to register our marriage but its nt possible bcoz we are already legally husband and wife,,,,we have not stayed together after marriage as i was pursuing my studies...Please tel me how to avoid registration here in my place

The marriage can be registered once between two individuals. In case, you now want to register it again you shall have to get the first marriage annulled by a Court of Law and only then the marriage can be registered again.

There is no need to hide this important information. You should share this information to a person who is very close to you and your family members. Let them understand the issue. After understanding the matter, they can easily get convinced that there is no need to get registered again.