Action against domestic violence by husband's family

03-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
I am Hindu by religion , my in laws and I are not in good terms, after marriage they tricked me into helping them financially , I was being taunted from day one of my marriage but I din't understand their language as it was a love cum arrange marriage , because of my husband's family we husband and wife quaralle a lot . I have been married for 8 years and I have been tortured by my mil mentally , this is indirectly effecting my marriage , she always speaks I'll about me , taunts me calls me by bad names spread bad rumours about me .I want to take action against her and my husband's family .. plzz advice ,...

Answer #1
HI, your is case of pure domestic violence, Your MIL's action amounts to mental harassment, you stated that you have been financially exploited. In cases such as yours, you can get relief from all this by filing a case for domestic violence and seek protection order against your MIL not to interfere in your matrimonial life, you can recover all your finances if you have documentary evidence to that effect, further you can also clam compensation for harassing your.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Mam, With due respect and as per my knowledge and information

My suggestion to you is talk to your husband about this and sort it out in front of elders and once you approach police and court things are different relationship will turn into enmity. Still if they are not listening after that you try and live separately along with your husband (if your husband is willing to).

You have provision under IPC you can complaint the same in any of your nearest police station.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato