Abandoning house & going with a person of her choice

My Sister's daughter aged 20 years who is in her final BCom decided to move out of the house & go a with boy of her choice who is 24 years & not completed his 10th & does not have a job. My sisters husband has abandoned them around 4 years & he is staying alone while my sister was taking care of her daughter. The boy's parents are dead & he is staying with his brother. Her decision of going with him was firm & she has given it in writing on a paper in her own writing saying that she is going on at her will & will not claim anything from us, even the boy has given a letter saying that he is taking her, both the letters has been signed by some representatives who had come on boy's behalf. In our interest & protecting ourselves for future consequences do we need to inform this to police so that things gets registered & our liability seizes. We belong to Brahmin & the boy is Gowda.

The above incident involving relinquishing of all property claims and interests are civil in nature. The interference by the Police is unwarranted and has no value.
To be on the safer side, get a Relinquishment Deed in the form of an affidavit and make your sister's daughter sign on it. The Affidavit is a sworn statement stating that your sister's daughter shall forgo all her claims and interests in any of the properties that belongs to your sister and her family.
Also, note the Police have absolutely no authority to make agreements and involve themselves in these civil matters.

Ask your sister's daughter to execute relinquishment deed, simply writing on a paper will not release her right over the properties before that, file a formal complaint in jurisdictional police so that your sister's daughter and her boy friend come to station and give their statement.