queswill society charge transfer fee if mother transfers

I wish to ask if my mother can gift me her flat which she has purchased in 1995, also will the society charge me the transfer fee or Rs.50000/- which they charge in resale flats or will this be treated as internal transfer please advise.

  • ansSurely your mother can gift the flat to you. The gift deed has to be registered on payment of stamp duty as applicable in the State. Regarding transfer fee, it depends upon bylaws of the society framed under the Cooperative Societies Act of the State.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a Hindu girl I had a relationship with a boy he is Muslim.…
Sir i want to marry with a muslim girl she is 16 years old according…
Can we get signature from a magistrate anywhere in India in annexure c for getting…
My father purchased a 0.03cent land in my grand father name. Now my grand father…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly