which type of POA needed to execute release deed on brother's behalf

my late father has left behind a property and agricultural lands in my hometown. we are family of 8 brothers and we all wish to execute a release deed in favour of one of our brother who resides there in hometown.Out of 8 of us 2 brothers are not in a position to travel to our hometown to execute the release deed and they have agreed to make me an agent to sign on behalf of them by giving me power of attorney. should i get a general power or special power?

If you all brothers agree to relinquish your rights in the property by executing a registered release deed in favor of the brother chosen among yourselves, you can very well proceed by the proposed execution.

In this someone wants to execute his relinquishment through his power agent, if that is the case, if he is residing in India then he can execute a special or specific power of attorney deed in favor of the said power agent and since this is for the transfer of the immovable property, the said power of attorney deed should be registered or validated by the SRO within his jurisdiction.

This special or specific power of attorney deed should be limited for this purpose alone and the same to be revoked automatically after the assigned task is completed.

Hello sir, For the purpose of settle a property with your kin you should get a General Power of Attorney. In that general power of attorney also mention a words like settlement, release to make it hassle free.