which type of POA needed to execute release deed on brother's behalf

my late father has left behind a property and agricultural lands in my hometown. we are family of 8 brothers and we all wish to execute a release deed in favour of one of our brother who resides there in hometown.Out of 8 of us 2 brothers are not in a position to travel to our hometown to execute the release deed and they have agreed to make me an agent to sign on behalf of them by giving me power of attorney. should i get a general power or special power?

Answers (2)

111 votes

If you all brothers agree to relinquish your rights in the property by executing a registered release deed in favor of the brother chosen among yourselves, you can very well proceed by the proposed execution.

In this someone wants to execute his relinquishment through his power agent, if that is the case, if he is residing in India then he can execute a special or specific power of attorney deed in favor of the said power agent and since this is for the transfer of the immovable property, the said power of attorney deed should be registered or validated by the SRO within his jurisdiction.

This special or specific power of attorney deed should be limited for this purpose alone and the same to be revoked automatically after the assigned task is completed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

239 votes

Hello sir, For the purpose of settle a property with your kin you should get a General Power of Attorney. In that general power of attorney also mention a words like settlement, release to make it hassle free.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles