What is the standard format for writing a Power of Attorney?

I want some details on Power of Attorney. What are its legal implications? Is there a standard format in which it should be written? Please help me.

The Power of Attorney (POA) is a document by which one person authorizes another person to act on his / her behalf. The basic implications of POA are:

1) It can only be used during the lifetime of the Principal (the person who is authorising the other) &

2) It can be used only for the purposes mentioned in the POA.

There is no standard format for the POA but one must be cautious during drafting it so as to avoid legal complications later.

Kindly contact us in case you need any assistance in drafting the same and we will be glad to assist you.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
LH House, Bangalore