What is the complete process for changing surname

I belong to Schedule Caste category. I am a state PSU(Govt. Enterprise of West Bengal), employee. to Recently I have made an affidavit by a 1st class magistrate to changed my surname from X to Y. I am married also. In all my documents and service records my surname is X. Now I have a newborn daughter. I want to use Y in my daughter surname instead of X. So, i need legal advice how can i complete this process in legal way.

After the affidavit did you insert advertisements in an English and Bengali newspaper. If you have advertised you name stands changed.
For the new title Y for your daughter, parents have to declare through affidavit before 1st Class Magistrate. After it is done advertise in the newspapers as above . You can produce the documents before the school authorities who will change the title in school. You have to follow the step at each stage. Change all documents accordingly. For birth certificate you have to give them intimation. The nursing home or hospital where your child was born will have to be intimated in writing will all records.