What is the complete process for changing surname

I belong to Schedule Caste category. I am a state PSU(Govt. Enterprise of West Bengal), employee. to Recently I have made an affidavit by a 1st class magistrate to changed my surname from X to Y. I am married also. In all my documents and service records my surname is X. Now I have a newborn daughter. I want to use Y in my daughter surname instead of X. So, i need legal advice how can i complete this process in legal way.

Answers (1)

262 votes

After the affidavit did you insert advertisements in an English and Bengali newspaper. If you have advertised you name stands changed.
For the new title Y for your daughter, parents have to declare through affidavit before 1st Class Magistrate. After it is done advertise in the newspapers as above . You can produce the documents before the school authorities who will change the title in school. You have to follow the step at each stage. Change all documents accordingly. For birth certificate you have to give them intimation. The nursing home or hospital where your child was born will have to be intimated in writing will all records.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles