×

quesWhat is procedure to change my surname?

I wish to change my surname. What is the procedure for the same? I have crossed the age of 18yrs.

You will have to make an affidavit and get the same notarized or signed by your local SDM. The affidavit must mention the current surname  and desired surname and  briefly mention the reason for change of surname. Once the surname notarized or signed by your local SDM, it comes in force immediately.

Thereafter you are required to publish your change of surname in a newspaper one official language and one in English.

This is required as per law, so if anyone has objection they can take it up with authority.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services