What are the formalities required for opening packaging food plant?

I want to open a packaging plant for food supplements which will be imported from Russia in tablet, capsule, gel form in bulk quantity and here in India, we will pack it in small bottles of 50, 100 tab quantity. What are the legal formalities I have to complete? Note : this is not pharmaceutical unit, its herbal health products like horlicks, Revital etc.

We suggest that you must contact the Ministry of Food Processing at Krishi Bhawan & the Directorate General of Foreign Trade - Department of Commerce, Udyog Bhawan to get the exact legal implications of your intended business.

LH House, Bangalore