×

quesWhat are the documents required for marrying a foreigner?

I am getting married to a Romanian citizen...and plan to live in Europe after marriage...my question is what document we would need to register the marriage in India...plus what would expect the process Romanian it is ensure along with OCT card... FYI. ..I am divorced. ...

If you are citizen of India, then you can register your marriage under Special Marriage Act.

The documents required for registration is as under:

Application form / Notice duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.

•    Documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties (Matriculation Certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate).

•    Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO, Police Station).

•    Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving: Date of birth, Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee, Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act, Citizenship, and Parties intent to marry with each others 

•    Passport size photographs of both parties (3 copies each) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.

•    Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.

•    In case of a foreign national, a no objection certificate from the concerned Embassy regarding his / her present status.

•    Some countries insist for proof of proceeding of civil marriage & marriageablity certificate of Indian fiancée before granting visa to a foreign national to visit / stay in India for marriage.

•    Foreign national who intent to stay in India for long time after marriage should know before marriage about grant of citizenship of India and about profession / tax liability.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services