what all places should i get the property registered?

i have a property. i got the stamp duty done 6 years ago when my father died. now my question is that should i get it registered as well? if yes, with whom should i get it registered the BMC or Society or both. and is the stamp duty valid which was done 6 years back. and no what value the registration is to be done? rate of the property today or from the date when it was purchased?

What type of document you had executed is not maintains in your question
If document is not registered befor sub registrar in that case limitation period for registration is six month from the date of execution
If not registered within limitation period you can apply for refun