Validity and format of a sale deed.

Kindly advice on the validity of the following sale deed: Flat located on 3rd floor Current stage of construction:1st floor slab level.(Photo on the sale deed depicting the 1st floor slab) Landowners have executed the sale deed. Further, Landowners have given development rights to a developer firm(a partnership firm of the landowners) Construction agreement executed by the developer firm in favor of the proposed buyers. Sale deed cost- Rs. 10 lacs- paid to the landowners. Construction agreement cost- Rs.20 lakhs to be paid to the developer firm. The sale deed reads: "Sale of partly constructed flat no. XXX measuring 1000 sq ft and undivided share of land measuring- 600 sq.ft. Possession of the flat is hereby transferred to the buyers". If the above sale deed is invalid, how can it be corrected? Any rectification deed to be done? The builder and the purchaser are friends. However, what actions can each take against the other?

Answers (1)

385 votes
The Sale Deed is invalid and cannot be registered. Convert this sale Deed into an Agreement with specification of your undivided share of land, particulars about constructions and payments made.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles