×

quesTerms written on Rs 20 stamp paper and signed. Is it a valid agreement

made a service agreement with a company on a 20 Rs. stamp paper. It contains a clause stating that if i discontinue the services i will have to pay 1.80 lac. I have only signed it no one from the company signed it. I want to know if it will be a valid agreement and can i be held liable for it?

Generally, to be valid and enforceable, a contract must be signed by all parties, however as per the recent judgement of Supreme Court  by Bench of Justice R.V. Raveendran and Justice P. Sathasivamhas held an agreement signed only by the vendor is enforceable by the purchaser.

So as per the said judgment the contract is enforceable and accordingly you send the legal notice to the company and if despite the legal notice if they fail to  pay you the amount, then you can file suit for specific performance. 

Click here to find the best Documentation lawyer in your city.