sale of property acquired after partition without paper

Sir,my parents are living in a small town of Uttar Pradesh since India Pakistan partition. The question is that they have no papers of their house. How will I sell this property without papers in future. Provide legal help.

Answers (1)

381 votes
It depends how long they have been in possession of the house. It must be long and if so then they must have done mutation of the property. and if at all they haven't then ask them to apply for the same.
Moreover any of your parents can gift a portion of the house to another to make a paper transaction of the house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles