×

quesRental Agreement with my Tenant

Hi, I have a residential apartment property in Hyderabad that I have rented out in 2011 May and since then I have been getting constant inflow of rent from my tenant.

Now, I was told by few people that it would be riskier to not hold an agreement with the tenant. Also, I increased the rent by 10% only once since then.

Now, my questions are:

1. Is it OK to sign an rental agreement with my tenant now as if I had rented out since 2011?

2. What is the prescribed documentation procedure for this? I have less idea about this.

Waiting for your response. Prassana Hyderabad

1. It is always better and safe to enter into a  rental agreement.

Rental agreement acts as a safeguard to both the landlord and tenant  and if there evolves a issue regarding the tenancy the the agreement can be looked into to resolve the issue.

The agreement acts as a documentary evidence of the existence of tenant landlord relationship.

2. Rental Agreement is basically a deed of lease that states that the particular premises are leased out for a pattucular sum of rupees to a particular person.

The agreement is always entered for a period of 11 months and can be renewed for other subsequent terms.

After a period of 11 months during the renewal the amount can be legally be raised by ten percent. In cases where the period of the lease is more than 11 months then the deed is required to be registered before the sub registrar.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services