×

quesRegistering a sole proprietorship company.

I want to register my music company, which is a service based company. It has four verticals. Artist management;production house;online record label;music festival division. So wanted to know the procedure of registering this company & the cost involved for doing the same.

• ansSole proprietorship does not require registration. If you want to form a partnership firm, it requires registration with Register of Firms . If you want to form company it requires registration under the Companies Act .

For running your music business you will need license under Shop and establishment act. You will need service tax registration if taxable services are more than Rs 10 lakhs in a year. In addition you will need VAT registration if you are selling goods within state .