quesProcedure to register a flat, if landowner are delaying the matter?

Is there any procedure for registering a flat under possession, if both developer / promoter & landowner are delaying the matter indefinitely? Also can such flat be leased on long term basis or sold by any means? Please advise.


  • ans


    First of all please specify who is in possession of flat. The registration process of flat can be only done by the owner of the property who has the original title of flats.


    For registration of any instrument, the original document which should be typed/printed on one side only along with two photocopies of the original have to be submitted to the Registering Officer. The copies are required to be photocopied only on one side of the paper and there has to be a butter paper between the two photocopies papers. This is done so as to prevent the typed matter from getting spoilt. The registration procedure also requires the presence of two witnesses and the payment of the appropriate registration fees. On completion of the procedure, a receipt bearing a distinct serial number is issued.


    The following requirements are completing the registration are usually stated on the receipt:


    a) Market Value of the property;


    b) Income-Tax clearance, i.e. NOC. under Section 269 YL (3) issued by the Appropriate Authority constituted under Chapter XX-C of the Income Tax Act, 1961 if the same is applicable;


    c) Certificate under section 230-A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 granted to the Transferor by the assessing officer of the Transferor;


    d) Urban Land Ceiling declarations of the transferor/s and the transferee/s.


    Yes, if the property is duly registered, then the owner of the property can lease the property or even sell it to anyone who he desire.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my date of birth is 22/7/2000. I have my birth certificate also but in…

BACKGROUND: Im Indian Citizen working in Saudi for 6yrs. I want to marry Pakistani Girl…

Hello, Can adoption be possible after child has crossed age of 25. Can adopted child…

My father changed his name legally when I was in class 9th...........and by mistake ,,in…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly