Procedure to change name on cast certificate

Sir, my name is XYZ ABC but on my cast certificate there is a spelling mistake in my name "XYZ"but it was ," YXZ"so what can I do to change it.

Answers (1)

97 votes

1. Affidavit of subject matter of Name Spell Correct .
2. Attached Aadhar Card with self attested.
3. Go to the nearest Tehsil Office / Setu Department (If online is possible).
4. Submit the previous Cast Certificate.
Follow simple process .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles