Procedure to change name in 12 board certificate

My father's name in board matric certificate is Ashwani Kumar Puri but in birth certificate it is Ashwani Kumar .I want to change it . What should I do so I will get changed name certificate and there will be same name in 12 certificate

Answers (1)

59 votes

If your child is less than one year old, then go to the birth registration office where you applied. If your child is more than one year old, then all records are moved to the main office of the MCD.Get the application form which is the same as a fresh application, and submit it with the following documents:

Hospital letter
Other ID proofs
School certificate photocopies should have the same name as in the id proof

Affidavit stating that the name is incorrect and you seek to change or make a correction in the existing birth certificate.

After submitting the document, they may give you a date to go and collect the birth certificate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles