×

Procedure of change of DOB in passport.

My date of birth 02/12/1967, had applied for passport in the year 1984 and got one in Jan 1985.I used an affidavit for age as 92 /12/+1957.Now I want my age to be corrected to my real dob 2/12/+1967 .What is the shortest possible way what documents do I need to submit. pl advise me.

You need to approach the Birth & Death Registrar for correction in date of birth.

Before that you need to verify the date of birth in other documents such as education certificates. In case your correct date of birth is reflecting in your school records then you can show the same as proof for correct age. Clerical/typographical errors on any document can be corrected. You can correct the typographical mistake occurred in your passport as well. For that you need to approach the passport office, who is the issuing authority.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune