Procedure of change of DOB in passport.

My date of birth 02/12/1967, had applied for passport in the year 1984 and got one in Jan 1985.I used an affidavit for age as 92 /12/+1957.Now I want my age to be corrected to my real dob 2/12/+1967 .What is the shortest possible way what documents do I need to submit. pl advise me.

Answers (1)

131 votes

You need to approach the Birth & Death Registrar for correction in date of birth.

Before that you need to verify the date of birth in other documents such as education certificates. In case your correct date of birth is reflecting in your school records then you can show the same as proof for correct age. Clerical/typographical errors on any document can be corrected. You can correct the typographical mistake occurred in your passport as well. For that you need to approach the passport office, who is the issuing authority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles