×

quesPermission from a law institute to stay off campus.

My son got second rank in CLAT-2014. Now, he is eligible to take admission in "National Law School of India University"(NLSIU), Bangalore. NLIU is a fully residential Law School, it is mandatory for every student to stay on campus. But, my son is unable to stay on campus because he was operated upon in childhood for some congenital deformity. Unfortunately, the operation was not hundred percent success. Now, he has to take special diet everyday.(2) He has to sit on toilet seat for one hour every morning. I want to ask If there is any scope for my son to take court help on these two medical points to stay off campus.

• ansYes, it is possible. Better to discuss the issue with authorities of NLSU, Bangalore and request them for exemption to stay off the campus. If the favorable result is not forthcoming, based on medical certificate, specifying the reasons for permission to stay off the campus, you can file a writ petition before the high court seeking direction to exempt your son to stay off the campus.