Pending dues causes disputes in society.

I have purchased a society flat in Delhi on resale. The property is free hold and all dues clearance certificates provided by society. When I approached the society management for getting a share certificate in my name they told me that some retro dues (approx. 2 lakhs plus) are still pending.

The certificate (which I have in original society letter head signed and stamped) was issued by the then administrator (as society was on dispute at that time). Now the newly formed society says that the dues are still not cleared. Kindly advise how to tackle this.

Answers (1)

483 votes
If society administrator has issued no dues certificate it is binding on the society. The new managing committee cannot refuse to transfer share certificate in your name particularly so when no due certificate has been issued by administrator.

Issue legal notice to society. Complaint to registrar against the society. in addition also issue a notice to seller regarding clearance of outstanding dues allegedly claimed by society. if society refuses to transfer share certificate in your name you can also move consumer forum for necessary reliefs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles