×

quesPeer to peer Car Sharing. Is it legal?

Can a Peer to Peer Car Sharing Company, through which car owners rent their vehicles to renters is legal to do business in India ? Does it violate any laws ? The company is Pvt Ltd Company and provides full insurance to car owners as well as renters.

• ansNot to my knowledge. As long as you the vehicles plying are registered as a taxi or a commercial vehicle and the paperwork is in order. Needless to state though that the business and the enterprise you are undertaking is mentioned in the Articles and Memorandum of your Company and all the necessary corporate compliances and taxes have been taken care of.

Advocate Ahmad Shazeb Azhar

Kaiserbagh, Lucknow