Partnership Agreement for School. How can i safeguard my interest?

Recently i am starting a school with 3 partners. And we all have 25% sharing in this business. Our one partner have name in the School's Board (?????) and he is a sectary according to board. But we did not registered our name in the board's worker list. According to Documents of School; The school's head is a Secretary. So recently i have talked with a Lawyer about this issue, so he said that "The School is not a business, it is a social work", So you can not make a partnership agreement. Please help me and let me know that how can we make a partnership proof for future security.

Answers (2)

353 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

89 votes

The proper recourse is to register your school as a society. The by-laws of the society would indicate the management structure as well as the salaries and compensation arising out of the profit to all the stake holders, with agreed stake holding. The conditions that you and your partners have agreed upon, can be incorporated in the by- laws of the society and a management board can be constituted under it. Whereupon you can incorporate the conditions to make the person of your choice as the Secretary or Manager or whatever.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles