Original case order lost. Can i appeal based on online copy of order?

Can I file an appeal on the basis of the Online copy of my case order? I have lost the original case order and am running out of time to file the appeal.

Answers (1)

174 votes

Yes, the appeal can be filed on the basis of an Online copy of your case order.

In case the appeal is being filed in the High Court or the Supreme Court without the certified copy of the order, you need to file an application for exemption seeking not filing of the certified copy.

If you are filing the appeal in trial court, the same can be filed without the certified copy of the order as you can summon the record of the lower court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles