Original case order lost. Can i appeal based on online copy of order?

In Documentation Law

Can I file an appeal on the basis of the Online copy of my case order? I have lost the original case order and am running out of time to file the appeal.

Yes, the appeal can be filed on the basis of an Online copy of your case order.

In case the appeal is being filed in the High Court or the Supreme Court without the certified copy of the order, you need to file an application for exemption seeking not filing of the certified copy.

If you are filing the appeal in trial court, the same can be filed without the certified copy of the order as you can summon the record of the lower court.

Advocate Atulay Nehra