No name in my birth certificate.How to rectify mistake in 10 marksheet

There is no name in my birth certificate and my 10th marksheet has a different date. Now what can i do to change that? Birth certificate is from Delhi. Can it be done by gazette in Mumbai?

Answers (1)

197 votes

Having your details altered in your birth certificate would be next to impossible. At most you could change your name from what has been provided for on your birth certificate.

As far as your board marksheet is concerned, you can approach the board that issued the certificate (for example CBSE) to issue a corrected certificate.

If the board that issued your marksheet is not forthcoming, file a RTI application with them enquiring about the procedure to have the same done.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles