Married & converted to muslim but wants to come back to hinduism

I am hindu, married to muslim and converted to muslim, I want to come back to Hindu again. Is it possible to do??

Answers (2)

228 votes


It is possible to reconvert to Hinduism but your conversion would not plant you back to the caste and act you belonged earlier.

Your conversion in law will not be concerned by the procedure of religious one. But it is prerequisite that you complete religious formalities. After that an affidavit is required to be done in respect of it, followed by publishing the same.

Your simple answer is YES you can come back to Hindu.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

Freedom of religion is an indispensable part of the Indian Constitution and it provides every citizen the right to practice and propagate the religion of their wish without any state intervention.
Yes, you can definitely convert to hinduism if you wish as that is your personal choice and the State can't interfere or encroach in your fundamental rights. Yes, but that should definitely be done in good faith and not to get any undue advantage.

All you have to do is get do all the customary procedures as per hinduism, make an affidavit stating that you have converted to hinduism from so and so date and also state the same if you wish to change your name and then notify it in the Gazette.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles