lost my original birth certificate, X and XII certificate

I have recently lost my following original documents: 1. class 10th certificate 2. class 12th certificate 3. Birth certificate

i don't have any copies. what do i do?

Answers (1)

62 votes

Regarding your lost class 10th and 12th, the following step are required to be taken:

(1) Certificate from school principal or gazetted officer stating that He has verified the bonafide of the candidate and recommend that a duplicate copy of board’s  certificate may be issued to him/her.

(2) Affidavit in 10 rupee non-judicial stamp paper attested by first class magistrate or notary public 

(3) Press notification in lost/found column published in any one (english or Hindi) national daily newspaper, attach original full page of the concerned newspaper.

(4) Bank Draft for the fee as applicable

(5) Copy of FIR.

Now regarding your lost birth certificate,

The following needs to be done in order to get a duplicate birth certificate:

Each state has it own birth registration offices, you can apply in the same office for getting a copy of the said certificate.

Few other ways are:

1. Applying with the ward office of the concerned municipal corporation, this indicates to that municipal corporation where the birth of the child was registered. In order to get another copy of the birth certificate, one needs to submit a nominal fee.

2. By filling and sending an application to the Public Health Department of one’s country of birth, along with the necessary fee. The form can be obtained from the same office.

3. By sending the application through fax to the health department office, with the required amount of fee through cheque. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles