Legal process to transfer property title from joint to single title

Religion: Hindu I got divorced from my husband under US Law and as per the decree the property (flat in Bangalore) should be transferred to my name. Currently it is in both our names. How to change the joint property to my name alone? Also, the flat is currently on home loan which is again in both our names. So I need to transfer even the loan to my name alone. What is the process for it?

Answers (1)

117 votes

The details are not sufficient
It is a joint property Both of you have equal rights
Is there any reference to this joint property in ur divorce decree??
Even the loan is joint
However you may file a suit for separation and allotment of your equal share in civil court in BANGALORE

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Anup S Dhannawat
Borivali West, Mumbai
5 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles