Legal procedure to obtain title as for adverse possession of property

Property is owned by Chinese national who died 30 years ago. He had allowed his servants to live in the property. The servants are in continuous possession till date. They are also paying all required bills/maintenance charges. Society is asking for getting the title in the name of servants so that the name of servants can be reflected in the society records. What is the process to obtain title/ownership in favour of servants?

Answers (1)

50 votes

Where the property situated. U can file suit for possession in the civil court. If the possession is continuing for 12 years and if it is uninterrupted then there is remedy of adverae possession

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles