Legal procedure to buy property against medical expenses.

I have the patta only. No previous documents. Shall i sell the property against my medical expenses?. Pls advice.

If you have got the patta from the government under some welfare scheme, the patta itself becomes the document of your title and you may sell the property by means of a sale deed. Otherwise, you cannot.

You can sell your own property for any reasons.

Patta does not confer title to the property. It just shows who has the duty to pay property tax for the property. Hence, sale deed is an important aspect.

But if the property is used by the seller for more than 20 years continuously or if his parents used the property. then it should be supported by Chitta, Adangal, A register, UDR patta, Kist receipt etc and encumberance certificate also should be seen, which should disclose nil entry.

if all the above condition satisfy you can sell.

LH House, Bangalore