Legal procedure to buy property against medical expenses.

I have the patta only. No previous documents. Shall i sell the property against my medical expenses?. Pls advice.

Answers (2)

55 votes

If you have got the patta from the government under some welfare scheme, the patta itself becomes the document of your title and you may sell the property by means of a sale deed. Otherwise, you cannot.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

74 votes

You can sell your own property for any reasons.

Patta does not confer title to the property. It just shows who has the duty to pay property tax for the property. Hence, sale deed is an important aspect.

But if the property is used by the seller for more than 20 years continuously or if his parents used the property. then it should be supported by Chitta, Adangal, A register, UDR patta, Kist receipt etc and encumberance certificate also should be seen, which should disclose nil entry.

if all the above condition satisfy you can sell.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles