quesJoint license for a wine shop.

I bought a wine shop license with running shop, paid already the heavy fees required by government, license has already been transformed and signed by collector in my name from all government authorities (excise department officers , lawyers etc). After 3 months I received letter from excise department stating the license cannot be in my name as the license of first party (from whom i bought license) was joined with his mother name in the license, the mother is already dead 10 years ago, and left the WILL clearly stating whatever property she had, should be transferred to his only first party son. All the agreements has been proved to the department, even though it can not satisfy the officers. What legal action should I take? to whom? As already I paid heavy property fees, taxes, extra value of license and shop goodwill.

  • ansAt the time of purchasing wine shop you should have done due diligence. You should have cross checked whether license was in single name or joint names. If mother had died and left a will whether any probate was obtained. Whether in pursuance to will the mother name was deleted from license. You have mentioned that all agreements were provided to department. Without going through the agreements we cannot advise.

    It appears that 3 months after transfer of license you have received letter from department that license cannot be in your name. It is your case that license has been transferred in your name by collector and all the fees have been paid by you. If license has been wrongly transferred in your name Govt can revoke the transfer after considering your reply and after granting you a personal hearing. If you are aggrieved you can challenge the decision of government in court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am hiring a company from different country for some digital development work. What kind…

Suppose a senior citizen (retired Govt. official) has expired and is survived by his mother…

i wanted to have an name correction done but somehow the agent which i hired…

Sir/Madam, Since my ssc i had to bear wrong first name and father's name unfortunately…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly