quesIs my presence necessary for filing a petition in different state?

Need advice on how to file a petition from Gurgaon to Munsiff Court Chenngenur, Kerela? Do I need to be physically present there? Can the petition be filed by us or do we need a lawyer?


  • ans


    You cannot file a petition for any court from any other location unless you are present yourself at the court or authorize an attorney to do so on your behalf.


    Thereby, answering your specific question, to file a petition in a Kerala court, you need to be present at the court physically or need to appoint an Advocate to file the petition on your behalf. The petition can be filed by you as well, however, you will need to be available for all the hearing dates as and when the court defines so.


    Authorizing an advocate to file and appear on your behalf by signing a Vakalatnama not only provides you the benefit in your petition / case owing to the advocate's legal know-how and experience, it also saves you the trouble of appearing personally on each and every hearing wherein the same can be avoided.


  • Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate
    Know More

    Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

i discontinued my Engineering due to fail in exams so i wanted to Get marks…

Hi, I received offer letter from one company to work one year with them, else…

I purchased a site in 2013 Jan, at rajunkunte, Bangalore from a reputed reality developer,…

I am from Kolkata, my aged uncle is willing to give his house to me…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore

  Shaniwar Peth
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly