Is my presence necessary for filing a petition in different state?

Need advice on how to file a petition from Gurgaon to Munsiff Court Chenngenur, Kerela? Do I need to be physically present there? Can the petition be filed by us or do we need a lawyer?

Answer

You cannot file a petition for any court from any other location unless you are present yourself at the court or authorize an attorney to do so on your behalf.

Thereby, answering your specific question, to file a petition in a Kerala court, you need to be present at the court physically or need to appoint an Advocate to file the petition on your behalf. The petition can be filed by you as well, however, you will need to be available for all the hearing dates as and when the court defines so.

Authorizing an advocate to file and appear on your behalf by signing a Vakalatnama not only provides you the benefit in your petition / case owing to the advocate's legal know-how and experience, it also saves you the trouble of appearing personally on each and every hearing wherein the same can be avoided.