Incorrect names In all important documents, procedure to correct it

All the important legal documents of my Mother have wrong name in them i.e., Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID card, Passport, Electricity Bill and Property papers. If I go to apply for correction in any of the documents online, I have to give a proof for the right name which I can't since all the documents have wrong name in them. I can't seem to understand how this issue should be resolved.

Answers (3)

103 votes


This is very surprising that all the documents were made in the wrong name. So the correction has to based on the primary document like the Voter ID where the first correction has to be initiated based on say old documents.

Followed by corrections in all other documents.

Hire an agent for such work.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

296 votes

We takeup these kind of name correction service for our clients.
adhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID card, Passport, Electricity Bill and Property papers,
Kindly contact us and visit our office along with copy of all these documents

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
104 votes

You need to get correct name published in the official gazette of India and also by publishing in any national newspaper and then that can be used as a proof to get rectified wrong name in all other relevant documents i.e. Aadhar Card, PAN card etc.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles