quesIf FIR is lawfully registered.

Police accused daughter-in-law with her hasband u/s. 506/323/34 of IPC and 24 of Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizen Act, 2007 duly registered an FIR on 21/09/2013. But still now the police have not filed charge sheet in this case.

1) Where daughter-in-law can not be implicated u/s. 24 of the said act and other offence under the said IPC are non-cognizable in nature, will this FIR be sustainable in case of said daughter-in-law?

2) Is there any time limit to file charge sheet by the police in this case?

3) What is legal remedy to the daughter-in-law?

  • ansWhether or not the FIR is sustainable can be told only after a threadbare perusal of the allegations mentioned in FIR. Time limit is 90 days. The legal remedy is to either prove her innocence in court or challenge the FIR in High Court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 200 - Using as true such declaration knowing it to be false
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father was a contractor in Nagar Nigam. He got the license on the name…

Hi, I want to declare a close friend as a legal brother. This is for…

This is , 26 Yrs. Old, Male. My Late Father is originally from Bihar and…

Is it legal to marry into another religion even if your parents do not support…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly