How to transfer / register POA property if POA holder has passed away

My father has a property by Power of Attorney in Lucknow since 20 years and all the electricity and water bills are in my father's name. Now my father has passed away.

The property has been passed 2 times since the original owner and my father was the last POA holder.

How do we transfer the property in our name now?

Since there is no clarity to your question,

To give you a perfect legal advise, we would like to know a few more things :

1. who is in the current possession of the property?

2. Did your father made any Will or died intestate(without drawing up any Will)?

If your father passed away without any Will, property cannot be registered it can only be mutated i.e. divided among all the legal heirs.

Assuming that you are Hindus, your father's property if he died intestate property will be divided as per The Hindu Succession Act.

Now regarding your query, after the father's death, property could only be mutated and there is no law to provide for registry of property in your name.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli