how to get married when parents are against it

My girlfriend and I are willing to get married anyhow. I am 25 and she is 24. Her parents are not ready to accept our relation since we are from a different caste. We stay in Delhi. Can you let me know the procedures of court marriage or any other legal form of marriage? We dont want our parents to know about it because after that we will never be able to live together.

Answers (1)

446 votes
The quickest way to get married is to get your marriage done in any arya samaj mandir. Contact any near by arya samaj mandir and they will tell you what all you need. Make sure you get that marriage recorded via video recordings and photography. Your parents need not be there for your arya samaj wedding and a few of your friends can be the witnesses to the marriage. The other mode is to file your papers in the Court which usually takes a month to give you a date for registering your marriage. For getting your marriage done through court procedure, check your area municipal corporation website and you will find all the information on it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles