How to get correction done in birth certificate

in my birth certificate there is some spelling error in my name as well as my father's name. what is the procedure to get it corrected?

If a person decides to change his or her name for any reason, it will require providing a few important documents and giving the reason behind the change. Sometimes mistakes happen.

If the child’s birthplace, sex, or other information is not correct on the birth certificate, it will be necessary to get changes made to reflect the correct information.

This will often require some form of proof in order to validate the change also have to obtain an affidavit from the court and submit the same under a respective section applicable under a law in your state to the municipal committee.