How to file additional documents in a CWP as in-person?

I have a CWP in Punjab and Haryana High court, The CWP is filed through a advocate in 2012. On the last hearing date (after half a dozen adjournments ) the advocate on record was not present and the I (petitioner) made oral submission before the bench to discharge the advocate and argue in person as otherwise it was going for another long adjournment. I was allowed by the bench to argue .. During the hearing bench give me some oral directions to file additional documents which I relied during the arguments and gave interim orders to respondents to file detailed affidavit related to inconsistency in their version. I now want to complete the process myself and do not want to involve the advocate on record.
Now I want to know -
the process of 1) filing additional documents (annexes P-12 to P-15) before the bench while it has to be accompanied with a application and affidavit by me as petitioner in person.
2) Can I do it as in person, or have to depend upon my advocate-on-record or have to file a formal application along with to discharge the advocate on record as well. The interim order indeed record me as Petitioner in person?
3) whether the same needs to be deposited at the filing branch or writ branch at the Chandigarh high court?

Answers (1)

246 votes
In case, you are dissatisfied with your advocate you can obtain NOC and engage another advocate to fight your case . you can prepare compilation of additional documents and file the same along with supplementary affidavit. As to exact procedure a local lawyer conversant with the practice in Chandigarh high court can guide you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles