How to change the owner's name on property papers

21-Apr-2023 (In Documentation Law)
How to change the property name which is in grandmother's name to her grandson.

Answer #1
Firstly is the Grandmother alive? If she is alive, then she can settle the property to the Grandson's name. In case she is not alive then we need to discuss about the legal heirs of the Grandmother and other particulars. If you need any further clarifications/advice, kindly contact me.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Which grandmother, maternal or paternal, is not stated here. What about the legal heirs of the grandmother? On what basis is the grandson now claiming the property? Please provide these relevant facts.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
Sir,

You should have to execute a Settlement Deed. If the said property is in the name of your Grand Mother and is a self acquired property or property which is not a ancestral property and in in her sole possession and enjoyment then she can execute a Settlement Deed in Favor of her Grandson. I would need more details to help you asertain the right course of action. Please get in touch with me so that I may do the needful.

Regards,
Arunkungumaraj Subramanian
Advocate
Helpful? LawRato LawRato