quesHow to change last name in Xth exam certificate and marksheet

My last name is different in my Xth exam CBSE certificate and marksheet from all other documents. Now I am planning to get my passport made.

How can I change my last name in the CBSE certificate.

Also, is there any other way that this does not cause me any problem in applying for my passport or other future documents?

  • ans

    1. Please specify what are the other documents? Further your query is silent on whether in your birth certificate and all school records  has correct last name

    2. With respect to your change in last name in your CBSE Certificate, you will have to make an application to the CBSE  for correction in name and alongwith the same you will have to enclose all the school records including your birth certificate and all other documents. If in the school records your last name is rightly mentioned, then CBSE will make the change in the said document. However if in the school records you have the same last name as mentioned in Xth exam marksheet, then CBSE might not change your last name.
    If CBSE declines your request then you can approach High Court by way of writ thereby challenging the CBSE rule that the last name is wrongly recorded  as mentioned in birth certificate

    3. Xth mark sheet is required everywhere for age proof, however you can try to place your birth certificate on record.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

Could you please let me know things to consider while buying property in Goa -…

Hello.. My son is 2 years old now. The mcd issued a birth certificate at…
i have changed my name through Gazette publications. i need to get the CBSE certificates…

What is the procedure for court marriage and does any message or notice is send…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly