×

How to change father's name in birth certificate if father has died

Hi my problem is regarding fathers name in birth certificate.My fathers name mentioned in certificate is his alias name.He is not alive now.And I dnt have any documents by his alias name.The corporation office is not giving me the certificate by his real name.What should I do.

Dear Querist, Fathers name in birth certificate cannot be changed now. You can change your entire name by way of publication in Gazette of India, but all the earlier records will have to old name. they cannot be changed.

Please feel free to call us for any further queries.

Regards,
Rakesh V. Misar

Shaniwar Peth, Pune