how to change date of birth on birth certificate

I have two different birth dates on my birth certificate and school leaving certificate respectively. Now I want to change my birth date on birth certificate in order to avoid legal problems in future. What should I do for this?

For changing birth date, you are required to make an affidavit mentioning the facts. Apply for the change in date of birth in the official gazette office duly constituted by the state government. You need to make an application in the prescribed format and on publishing of the official gazette take few original copies of the same, get the copy attested and submit it along with affidavit wherever required.